One of the key aims of the Best Employers Eastern Region initiative is to facilitate discussion between organisations to share best practice and ideas on employee engagement.
Following on from the completion of each Best Employers Survey, eras ltd and Pure Resourcing Solutions host participative forums where ideas on leadership and employee engagement will be shared in addition to learning about the key trends across the Eastern region and comparing this nationally.
In our forums we have heard from a range of business leaders across the region who discussed a variety of topics including:
- Experiences of participating in 'The Sunday Times Best Companies to work for'.
- Leading and driving change whilst keeping staff positive and engaged.
- Building a loyal and engaged workforce whilst growing a successful business.
- How to get the most from employee surveys and lessons learnt.
Delegates also have the opportunity to learn from each other through structured discussion groups. Previous topics have included the findings of David MacLeod and Nita Clarke's report 'Engaging for Success', exploring 'The Four Enablers of Engagement'.
- Visible, empowering leadership providing a strong strategic narrative about the organisation, where it’s come from and where it's going.
- Engaging managers who focus their people and give them scope, treat their people as individuals and coach and stretch their people.
- There is employee voice throughout the organisations, for reinforcing and challenging views, between functions and externally, employees are seen as central to the solution.
- There is organisational integrity – the values on the wall are reflected in day to day behaviours. There is no 'say –do' gap
Our speakers in 2014 were business leaders from across the Region, who shared their experiences of implementing employee surveys, keeping staff engaged through periods of change and initiatives that helped to build loyal and engaged workforce.
- Jonathan Agar, CEO of Birketts
- Sarah Trota, Group HRD of Circle Housing
- Andrea Lansbury HRD of Benefit Cosmetics
- Patrick Pordage, Marketing Director of Cambridge Consultants
- Richard Anscombe, CEO of Fram Farmers
- Andy Holdcroft, CEO of RehabWorks
- Andrea Lansbury, HRD of Benefit Cosmetics
- Mark Waine, HRD of Tamdown Group
- Neil Loadman, HR Director of Kettle Foods
- Michelle Gant, Director of Engagement of Freebridge Community Housing
The 2012/2013 Seminar Series
Our speakers in 2012 were business leaders from across the Region, who shared their experiences of implementing employee surveys, keeping staff engaged through periods of change and initiatives that helped to build loyal and engaged workforce.
- Sandy Boyle, HR Director Mills & Reeve
- Chan Abraham, CEO of Luminus Group
- Dee Wilmott, HR Director of Archant
- Jeanette Wheeler, Partner of Birketts Solicitors
- Henry Catchpole, Entrepreneur and Director of Anglia Registrars, former CEO of Suffolk Life
- Alistair Lang, CEO of Birketts Solicitors
- Valerie Morris-Cook, GM of Wincanton
- Catherine Johnson, Partner at Birketts Solictors
The Discussion Groups
There is an on-going programme of smaller, more informal discussion groups where topics can be explored in more detail. Prior to the 2014 Best Employers Eastern Region survey, eras and Pure hosted some ‘Employee Engagement Roundtable discussion groups to look at the most effective ways to implement an employee survey and how to manage and communicate the results internally.
Linkedin Group - BEER on Tap!
You can keep in touch with the latest employee engagement news and share your ideas by joining the BEER on Tap Linkedin group
The aim of the group is to:
- To share best practice in employee engagement through discussion, polls, networking opportunities and workshops
- To support businesses within the group in developing employee engagement strategies and plans