How The Best Employers Survey Can Help Organisations To Attract And Retain Talent
Thursday, 9th June 2016
The Best Employers Eastern Region survey provides employers with a free, effective way to understand more about their organisation’s culture. It also identifies any potential development opportunities for creating a workplace which is attractive to both current employees and to up-and-coming talent. Here are just some of the valuable insights you can expect to learn about your organisation.
- Clarity of vision. A recent report found that only 42% of employees knew their organisation’s vision, mission and cultural values. If employees are working without any real understanding of these elements, it is likely people will be pulling in different directions and not working together towards a collective vision.
- Increased motivation levels. The more motivated your employees are, the more likely they are to go the extra mile. However, it’s important to recognise what motivates people as individuals, rather than trying to second guess what would work for everyone. A culture and engagement survey can help employers gain the insights needed to assess this.
- Organisational learning New generations entering the workforce have created a shift in employee needs and motivations. Is your organisation successfully maintaining a culture which remains attractive to an evolving workforce? Are there any long-held misconceptions which need addressing? For example, is there a culture of long hours because people believe those who arrive early and stay late are seen to be the hardest workers?
- Employee engagement & Communication The importance of gaining an insight into your current levels of employee engagement, and identifying any areas of improvement, should never be underestimated. Evidence shows that businesses with an engaged workforce have 40 per cent less staff turnover. Engaged employees will also be stronger advocates and help protect against the reputational risks associated with poor service levels or product quality.
- Leadership style Are your senior leadership team fostering a positive work environment or a negative one? A successful workplace culture needs to have a clear commitment from the top and should be led by example. Employers also need to make sure that managers are effectively equipped to provide ongoing performance management which will help each employee to thrive.
- Employee wellbeing Happy, healthy staff are more engaged and productive and employers benefit from reduced absenteeism. How do your employees view their work-life balance? Are any employee wellbeing programmes working effectively? A healthy culture relies on helping employees to strike the delicate balance between work and home life so they can effectively manage their careers, stay healthy and continue to feel engaged.
What is Best Employers Eastern Region?
The Best Employers Eastern Region Survey is ideal for the understanding, interpretation, management and development of your organisation's Culture, Values and Employee Engagement. It provides a reliable and accurate benchmark for future decision making and action planning, and is designed to help deliver strategic and long term organisational change. Furthermore, the survey is open to all businesses – large or small – and is self-serving so won’t take up your time, what are you waiting for?
Get involved: Start your Best Employers Eastern Region journey now. Please contact us today on 01379 647808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org