How To Find The Perfect Job For You
Whether you have recently graduated from university or are just looking to take the next step in your career, the process of finding your perfect job can be a very challenging one. There are so many different factors that need to be taken into account to ensure your next role is the perfect one for you.
The first thing that many people struggle with is what exact role they are after and what makes a role perfect for them. Whether that be salary, experience, location, industry or all of these.
Finding your perfect job does not need to be that hard. In this article, we will look at the best ways to help you find the perfect job role for you.
What Is A Perfect Job?
Everybody's definition of the perfect job is different. However, the perfect job is one that meets every requirement that you are looking for and a job that you look forward to doing every day. While everyone has different things that they want out of their dream role, we all share the same desire to get up and go to work in the morning.
To one person, their dream role will be one where they are very much working alone, but another person's may involve a huge team of people. We all have our preferences that make a role the perfect one for us. The most important thing that you can do is know what you want and what will make you the happiest and most fulfilled.
How Important Is It To Find The Perfect Role?
Too many people go through their whole lives in job roles that make them unhappy. Finding the perfect role for you will ensure that you are as happy as you can be in both your professional and personal life.
A job that you enjoy doing and feel fulfilled in will help you to feel far more accomplished within your role. It is not uncommon for individuals to begin to feel demotivated and unfulfilled in roles that they do not 100% enjoy. Doing something that you love and feel consistently motivated to do will allow you to have a much better work ethic and feel far more fulfilled.
In addition to this, finding the perfect job role will also help you to feel far less stressed, follow your passions, feel your values are being met and also provide a much greater sense of meaning and purpose to your life. When people are unhappy in their work lives it can have a knock-on effect in their personal lives.
How To Find The Right Job For You
There are several different tips that we can give you which will help you in your search for your dream job. However, patience is incredibly important. There will be multiple jobs out there perfect for you, but it may take some time to find them. These are the top tips to help you find your perfect job.
- Know What You Are Looking For - One of the most important things, when you are looking for the perfect job, is to know exactly what you are looking for. You can do this by writing down all of your hobbies and skills and then picking a career based on these. If you know exactly what you are looking for then you will find it far easier to find the perfect job that suits all of your needs and requirements.
- Compare Current & Previous Jobs - You can use your current role and previous roles that you have been in to derive a list of non-negotiables. Knowing what works for you and what does not is an amazing way of making sure that your next job is perfect. It will allow you to know exactly what you are looking for and exactly what you want to stay away from.
- Decide On The Industry - This is a very important step. Before beginning the hunt for your perfect role, it is integral that you know exactly what industry you want to go into. This will make finding the exact role that best suits you so much easier. It would also be beneficial if you made a list of the top companies within the industry that you would want to work for. This helps you to look out for exactly what you want.
- Take A Career-Related Aptitude Test Or Personality Questionnaire - An aptitude test is a test that is used to determine both the skill and ability to succeed in a specific activity. A personality questionnaire will help you to better understand your preferences and interests. From these, you can then come up with very good ideas as to what roles you have both the desire and skills for.
- Reach Out To Companies - If there are particular companies that you desire to work for then it is always worth reaching out to them. While they may not be advertising any roles, by reaching out to them you are making it known that you are actively looking. This could therefore put you in good stead for any potential upcoming job openings that they may have.
- Constantly Apply - The more job roles that you apply for, the better chance you have of finding your dream role. You may not even know that a certain role is perfect for you until you go through the interview stages and you find out more information about the companies and their working environment. The more interviews and experience you get, the better your chances are of finding your perfect role.
Aptitude Tests At eras
Here at eras, we have been a leader in psychometric products such as aptitude tests and our personality questionnaire, The Quest Profiler® for over 30 years. We work with a huge range of clients including independent consultants and large multinationals to help them with all their assessment needs. Contact us today to find out more and see how our psychometric testing could help you and your job search.